The ability to set goals and make plans for their accomplishment is the “master skill” of success. – Brian Tracy
It is the single most important skill that you can learn and perfect. Goal-setting will do more to help you achieve the things you want in life than will anything else you’ve been exposed to. Becoming an expert at goal-setting and goal-achieving is something that you absolutely must do if you wish to fulfill your potential as a human being.
Goals enable you to do the work you want to do, to live where you want to live, to be with the people you enjoy, and to become the kind of person you want to become. And there is no limit to the financial rewards you can obtain. All you have to do is to set a goal for financial success, make a plan, and then work the plan until you succeed in that area. http://www.briantracy.com/blog/personal-success/success-through-goal-setting-part-1-of-3/
Well you also have to have a big ‘why’ and ‘reason’ for sitting down and setting goals in the first place!
Here are the top 10 reasons it is important to set goals as well as using a technique called S.M.A.R.T.
S- Specific, M – Measurable, A- Achievable, R- Realistic, T- Time based
- You will move away from the vague ‘shoulds’ and ‘wishes’ of your life to a life where you get clear on what you really want
- You will learn to always start your thinking by asking yourself what is it you really want.
- You will be able to engage your subconscious to help you achieve your goals, now it knows where you want to go!
- You will get much more out of life.
- You will learn and do things you have never done before.
- You will want to develop new skills so that you can achieve what it is you want
- You will focus your mind and concentration.
- You will broaden and develop who you are as a person: Your confidence, Your motivation, Your drive!
- You will build new beliefs in yourself and start to know just how much more is possible.
- You will make a difference to the lives of others
The root of all success is goal setting – knowing what it is that you want. Now you also know why your decision to set goals in the first place is so important too.